Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

New Version Failing

• 1.  New Version Failing

Posted 08-29-2019 13:09
    Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.7 to 1.8 and noticed that port 8443 is no longer exposed. Do we still have access to the web interface, or has there been some large overhaul I should know about?

Thanks
    #Core
    #Immerse
    #General
    #Charting
    #Connectors

• 2.  RE: New Version Failing

Posted 08-30-2019 00:35
    Hi @Mayank Shah,

what have you upgraded?​​ there isn't any product of omnisci with 1.7 or 1.8 version

• 3.  RE: New Version Failing

Posted 08-30-2019 05:51
    Sorry, I went from using a prebuilt AMI that was created in July to the current version, which no longer has exposed 8443 port and doesn't seem to have an accessible front end?

• 4.  RE: New Version Failing

Posted 08-30-2019 07:05
    Since the release 4.5 and the introduction of OS version the front-end isn't included as it was with communti edition.

Anyway to get which port is running immerse you have to take a look to the /var/lib/omnisci/omnisci.conf file; take a look to ort parameter of the web section.

Which edition are you running?

• 5.  RE: New Version Failing

Posted 08-30-2019 08:21
    Ouch wow. I'm running v4.8.

is it possible to still run the old version? What would you recommend if I was relying on Immerse to run diagrams needed for work ( we don't have cash for enterprise at this time). I would greatly prefer to not run it locally.

• 6.  RE: New Version Failing

Posted 08-30-2019 08:31
    Edited by Candido Dessanti 08-30-2019 08:41
    the latest version with immerse was the 4.4.1. which version running before?
    how you did the upgrade? tarball, rpm?

the EULA of Community Edition stated that Immerse can't be used for productions

in the you can ask a temporary for EE following this link

Enterprise Form
    Omnisci remove preview
    Enterprise Form
    What to expect when configuring your OmniSci trial: 1 Submit your info and receive an email with your personal trial key 2 Download and install the platform 3 Open Immerse and when prompted, install your trial key Who else is using OmniSci Enterprise edition?
    View this on Omnisci >

• 7.  RE: New Version Failing

Posted 08-30-2019 09:33
    Hi Mayank,

Have you considered OmniSci Cloud? It was created to provide options for those with smaller datasets and user requirements (and budgets) than the higher end enterprise customers. It's the full Enterprise Edition of OmniSci Immerse which includes things like rendering and multi-layer charts. Our Enterprise Edition on-premise licensing starts at 2 GPUs, however OmniSci Cloud has plans that provide a fraction of a GPU and are priced accordingly. It also means you don't need to be concerned with the administration of your GPU instances or worrying about them burning money if you accidentally leave them on.

We have a 14 day trial available if interested in seeing if the data sizes / costs would work for you. If you'd like take advantage of that simply sign up for an onboarding workshop at https://omnisci.com/cloud and we'll get you going.