Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

how to migrate data from one cpu mapd to another gpu mapd

• 1.  how to migrate data from one cpu mapd to another gpu mapd

Posted 07-16-2019 06:39
    i am using cpu based mapd i need to migrate data from cpu based mapd to gpu based mapd
    there are some huge amount of data in cpu based mapd so i need to migrate data from that mapd to gpu based mapd. so how to do this can someone please help me on this
    #Core
    #Immerse
    #Examples

• 2.  RE: how to migrate data from one cpu mapd to another gpu mapd

Posted 07-16-2019 17:01
    Hi @Nagulan Santhi,

I assume you have the right OmniSci(MapD) software installed along with the Nvidia GPU drivers, you can confirm that with the nvidia-smi command.​
    Shutdown the MapD daemons:

sudo systemctl stop mapd_web_server
    sudo systemctl stop mapd_server

To migrate the database, 
    copy the entire $MAPD_STORAGE/data directory from the CPU system to the GPU system.
    Let us know if you have any other questions during the migration.

Regards,
    Veda

• 3.  RE: how to migrate data from one cpu mapd to another gpu mapd

Posted 07-18-2019 04:19
    As @Veda Shankar said,

you have to stop the instance, then move data from the mapd storage directory of the original server to the new one; if you have mounted on shared storage (san,nas), you can think to move the disk from a server to another.
    If you are going to upgrade from a release to another,  take care to the docs of the new version.
    The release 4.6 once started will create a new catalog called omnisci so that the mapd database will be a database like another.
    With the release 4.7, the administrator is called admin and not mapd anymore, while the default password will be the same, so the various toll will default to admin user if not specified.