Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

mapd error and its restarting

• 1.  mapd error and its restarting

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi 

this is my query : 
    SELECT CAST(sum(coalesce(round("Table".totalprice, 2), 0)) AS DOUBLE PRECISION) AS "label_Table.totalprice", CAST(sum(coalesce(round("Table".itemargin, 2), 0)) AS DOUBLE PRECISION) AS "label_Table.itemargin", datepart('yearmonth', "Table".datelastfulfillment) AS "label_year-month", "Table".productnum AS "label_Table.productnum" FROM Table WHERE CAST("Table".datelastfulfillment AS DATE) BETWEEN '2020-01-01' AND '2020-12-31' GROUP BY "label_year-month", "Table".productnum ORDER BY "label_year-month", "Table".productnum LIMIT 1001

i have data for year 2020 and its getting correct response but if ask for year 2021 with same query mapd is crashing its not returning any error its taking some time and its restarting again (there is no data for 2021)

i used query for 2021 as : 

SELECT CAST(sum(coalesce(round("Table".totalprice, 2), 0)) AS DOUBLE PRECISION) AS "label_Table.totalprice", CAST(sum(coalesce(round("Table".itemargin, 2), 0)) AS DOUBLE PRECISION) AS "label_Table.itemargin", datepart('yearmonth', "Table".datelastfulfillment) AS "label_year-month", "Table".productnum AS "label_Table.productnum" FROM Table WHERE CAST("Table".datelastfulfillment AS DATE) BETWEEN '2021-01-01' AND '2021-12-31' GROUP BY "label_year-month", "Table".productnum ORDER BY "label_year-month", "Table".productnum LIMIT 1001

i dont know the root cause of this error
    #Core
    #Immerse

• 2.  RE: mapd error and its restarting

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi,

I did several tests on 2 different datasets (tpch and NYC taxi) with different datatypes (timestamps and date for temporal fields, floats, and decimals for aggregations, tried deleting rows within a whole year, run on GPU and CPU mode, but I'm not able to reproduce the error. Everything works as intended.

I had to change the datepart('yearmonth', "Table".datelastfulfillment) to date_trunc(month,date-field), because the yearmonth interval isn't supported, in order to run the query (is it a typo?).

I'm running th 5.0.1 version of omnisci database; which version are you on? Could you share the datatypes you are using?

Best regards.