Dashboard permission

Hello,
is it possible in Immerse setting permission on dashboards ? I cannot find anything in docs about that: I would like to provide only view permission to a dashboard for a user.

Found here
https://docs.omnisci.com/v4.1.3/5_roles.html

1 Like

Hi,

this is the link to the new version of the docs

https://docs-new.omnisci.com/installation-and-configuration/security/roles

Working on permissions, I created a user and grant:

omnisql> \privileges testuser
ObjectName          ObjectType          PrivilegeType       Privileges          
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test dashboard           dashboard           view
omnisci             database            database            login-access
testtable               table               select

But I’m getting:

You can’t access one or more data source

The only datasource used by all charts in “Test dashboard” is “testtable”, what else I’m missing ?

the tables used for the choropleth maps?

those privileges without a CP maps are working for me

omnisql> \privileges test2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
test_grants         dashboard           dashboard           view
flights_sk_4_120m   table               table               select

added a choropleth map without the grant to the table containing the polygons and I got this error

giving the grant on table containing the geometry (in my case test_geom) makes everything working

omnisql> \privileges test2
test_grants         dashboard           dashboard           view
test_geom           table               table               select
flights_sk_4_120m   table               table               select

Your hypothesis is the first thing I thought, but no choropleth chart is used in the dashboard: only “table” and “number” chart. But I have to add that initially I added, then canceled, a choroplet chart .

It seems this is a bug.

I just replicated this behavior:

1. Created dashboard with one choroplet and one table chart
  2. Try access without permission on geometry object → leads to “You can’t access one or more data source”
  3. removed choroplet and saved dashboard → still got “You can’t access one or more data source”
  4. Created new dashboard with only one table chart (same datasource)
  5. Try access without permission on geometry object → WORKING FINE.
1 Like

Ywah,

I think you are right, I will open internally a issue about that, but I want to try adding a secondary source, and the removing, just to be sure that the problem is limited to Choropleth chart.

Many thanks to reporting the problem.

Saluti,
Candido

Just to let you know, I added the select permission on the geometry object used in th choroplet chart ( no more included in the dashboard) and the error disappeared.

Yap,

I tried it too…it seems a bug limited to the dashboards that had a choropleth chart on it