Mapd error while setting up

which ide should i use in ubuntu

Hi,

if you want to use an ide you can run Nsight, that’s supplied with cuda libraries

it’s located in bin dir of you cuda installation directory (tipically /usr/local/cuda-[version]/bin

i have not installed cuda yet i am using clion ide i dont which is main file to run

dont know which is main file to run mapd-core

I’m sorry i forgot you are running on CPU mode.

Do you mean after compile? Ir’s mapd_server in bin directory

hi i run mapd_server in terminal i got this error:

thickstat@nagulan:~/workspace/mapd-core/build/bin$ ./mapd_server
MapD data directory does not exist at ‘data’. Run initdb data

because you have to run with all single parameters you need or you can run with the config switch only contaning an absolute path to mapd.conf file

./mapd_server --config /[you parth to mapd.conf]/mapd.conf

sorry i cant understand what your are telling
can you give any example

i have the mapd.conf file on /opt/mapd_storage/ direcotry

so I tun the mapd_server from the command line in this way

./mapd_server --config /opt/mapd_storage/mapd.conf

In this way, the server will start with the parameters written into the mapd.conf file

If I want to run without using the mapd.conf file disabling the watchdog

./mapd_server --data /opt/mapd_storage/data --enable-watchdog 0

Of course i have a valid mapd database inot the /opt/mapd_storage/data

in which directory should i run this command:
./mapd_server --config /opt/mapd_storage/mapd.conf

in /opt/ i have mapd folder in that there is no mapd.conf file

i successfully taken build
when i opened mapd in clion ide it shown a error in cmake:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
Arrow_LIBRARY
linked by target “cmTC_c7c25” in directory /home/thickstat/PycharmProjects/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

CMake Error at cmake/Modules/FindArrow.cmake:76 (try_compile):
Failed to configure test project build system.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:255 (find_package)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/thickstat/PycharmProjects/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/thickstat/PycharmProjects/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.

can you please help me out in this error log

if my question is not clear ping me again

i have these error since long time please advice me

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
Arrow_LIBRARY
linked by target “cmTC_1d109” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

CMake Error at cmake/Modules/FindArrow.cmake:76 (try_compile):
Failed to configure test project build system.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:234 (find_package)

See also “/home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.

please can you reply something

CUDA_CUDA_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
linked by target “mapd_server” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core
linked by target “initdb” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core
linked by target “CudaMgr” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/CudaMgr
linked by target “ResultSetTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “TopKTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “ProfileTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “DBObjectPrivilegesTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “PlanTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “UpdelStorageTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “MapDQLCommandTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “ResultSetBaselineRadixSortTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “StoragePerfTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “ImportTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “StorageTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “ExecuteTest” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests
linked by target “RunQueryLoop” in directory /home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/Tests

See also “/home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/thickstat/eclipse/mapd-core/cmake-build-debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.

before to lauch the cmake you would:

1. run the mapd-deps file e.g. /usr/local/mapd-deps/mapd-deps.sh
  2. define in LD_LIBRARY_PATH the part to the version of cuda libraries you are using e.g. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

as suggested by @randyzwitch with the latest version of mapd-core cuda libraries >8 are needed