Omnisci web server cant accessed

Hello All,

I want to ask something about omnisci_server and omnisci_web_server.
I use trial 30 days for my development teams,
1 weeks after installing omnisci is running well, but yesterday I check the omnisci_server and omnisci_web_server is still running and I check open 6273 is listen to everybody, but if I want to access web-server in url and port myLocalIP:6273 its unreacheable.

how to fix it?

thank you.

Hi @dsugiarto,

have you tried to restart the service that’s not responding?

you can do easly with this command
sudo service omnsci_web_server restart
and you can check the status of service with
sudo service omnisci_web_server status

to be sure that omnisci_web_server is listening you should run a command like that

sudo netstat -lnp | grep omnisci_web
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6273               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      3696/omnisci_web_se

hi @candido.dessanti, I already restart its server and result is same.

$ sudo systemctl status omnisci_web_server
● omnisci_web_server.service - OmniSci web server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/omnisci_web_server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2020-10-21 00:50:14 UTC; 9s ago
 Main PID: 21764 (omnisci_web_ser)
    Tasks: 14 (limit: 6143)
   CGroup: /system.slice/omnisci_web_server.service
           └─21764 /opt/omnisci/bin/omnisci_web_server --config /var/lib/omnisci/omnisci.conf

Okt 21 00:50:14 dgx-station systemd[1]: Started OmniSci web server.
Okt 21 00:50:15 dgx-station omnisci_web_server[21764]: ⇨ http server started on [::]:6273
$ sudo systemctl status omnisci_server
● omnisci_server.service - OmniSci database server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/omnisci_server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2020-10-21 00:50:19 UTC; 12s ago
 Main PID: 21833 (omnisci_server)
    Tasks: 40 (limit: 6143)
   CGroup: /system.slice/omnisci_server.service
           ├─21833 /opt/omnisci/bin/omnisci_server --config /var/lib/omnisci/omnisci.conf
           └─21894 -Xmx1024m -DMAPD_LOG_DIR=/var/lib/omnisci/data -jar /opt/omnisci/bin/calcite-1.0-SNAPS

Okt 21 00:50:19 dgx-station systemd[1]: Started OmniSci database server.
$ sudo netstat -lnp | grep omnisci_web
tcp6       0      0 :::6273                 :::*                    LISTEN      21764/omnisci_web_s 

befor its accessed normally, but i dont know why suddently aftrer this server shutting down by power outage omnisci web server is cant accessed.

Hi @dsugiarto,

what do you mean that’s not responding? maybe if you are able to reach the web server but you are having troubles accessing to the database (a firewall is blocking the access to 6278/6274 ports?)

and then

or it’s not responding at all?

Dear @candido.dessanti yes thank you its about iptables, after I flush it it works.

Happy to know that’s everything is working right now.

It’s not obvious that using Immerse the client needs to call directly the database