Omniscidb -> samplecode -> mapdexample

Hello
I’m going to run MapDExample.cs among OmnisciDB’s Samplecodes.
Download the omniscidb-4.6.1 zip instead of the latest master version.
Using thrift-0.13.0, mapd.thrift, common.thrfit, completion_hints.thrift, serialized_result_set.thrift, calciteserver.thrift in the zip file was converted to netstd and added.

The Apache Thrift .NET Library (0.13 0.0.1) is installed using the nuget package for the solution.

Nevertheless, the following error occurs.
I’d appreciate it if you let me know if you have a solution.

1. Error CS0246 ‘get_result_row_for_pixelResult’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  2. Error CS0246 ‘get_result_row_for_pixelResult’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  3. Error CS0029 implicitly 'System.Unable to convert type ‘Threading.Tasks.Task’ to type ‘string’.
  4. Error CS0246 ‘THttpClient’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  5. Error CS0029 implicitly 'System.Unable to convert format Threading.Tasks.Task to format ‘TQueryResult’.
  6. Error CS0246 ‘TJSONProtocol’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  7. Error CS0246 ‘THttpClient’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  8. Error CS0246 ‘TSocket’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  9. Error CS0246 ‘TJSONProtocol’ format or namespace name not found. Check for use instructions or assembly references.
  10. Error CS1061 ‘Transport’ does not contain a definition of ‘Open’ and does not have an accessible extension method ‘Open’ that allows the first argument in the format ‘Transport’. Check for use instructions or assembly references.

mapDExample error

MapD.cs error

Hi @g_star,

Welcome to the community forum.

I’m sorry I can’t help you so much, but the example you posted doesn’t look right to me; the method sql_executeAsync, as an example, doesn’t look to be in thrift mapd/omnisci API, as get_result_row_for_pixelResult would be get_result_row_for_pixel_result.

The rest of the errors looks basic Thrift and looks anything has been imported.

Can I ask you why are you using such an old version of the API?

Regards,
Candido