- Where is the mapdql documented? I have read through https://www.mapd.com/docs/latest/mapd-core-guide/mapdql but haven’t been able to successfully create my table.
- What are the table and column name enclosures? In MySQL I could use ` for example.
- What rules are there regarding the names that can be used?
- How do you troubleshoot syntax errors? I ran into an error “Non-query expression encountered in illegal context” but it doesn’t say where the error occurred. The SQL statement is over 400 lines and I’ve searched through and removed or fixed anything I thought might possibly be an issue. It could be the most minor character, but I might never find it.
What I have tried:
- So far I’ve removed any column name enclosure and replaced all spaces with an underscore.
- I replaced the word state with state1 in case state was a reserved word.
- I replaced all dashes and slashes with underscores.
Following the tutorial I can’t even insert the sample data that comes with the install. When I hit “1” to download and insert the flight data it downloads and unzips the data then says that the file can’t be found when it tries to insert it into the database. How is that possible? MapD chose the download and unzip locations automatically and my only input was to choose data sample 1. Why wouldn’t it be able to insert it’s own sample data?
I’m very new to Mapd so any help or direction would be really appreciated.